UPDATE 14 March 2021 | 9am
The Empire Theatres is operating at 100% capacity and following a COVID Safe plan approved by Queensland Health. For contact tracing purposes we are using the Check In Qld app and encourage all patrons to download the app and fill in their details and those of their guests prior to visiting the theatre. The wellbeing of all visitors, artists and staff is our priority.
The Empire Theatres is incredibly pleased that we are open and operating at 100% capacity. The Theatre continues to take every necessary precaution to keep everyone safe, and ask for your cooperation in doing this.
When entering the theatre, please scan the QR code and 'check-in' to ensure we comply with Queensland Health’s contact tracing requirements.
The Empire Theatres is now using the new Queensland Government 'Check In QLD' app to help keep you COVID safe the next time you visit.
All you need to do is:
- download the app via this link www.covid19.qld.gov.au/check-in-qld
- enter your details once
- open the app when you next visit us
- select ‘Check in Now’ and hover your smartphone over our QR code
Using this digital check-in means your details are stored securely by the Queensland Government for fast COVID-19 contact tracing if needed.
The Empire Theatres is operating in accordance with the Industry COVID Safe Plan for Queensland’s Live Performance, Venues / Theatres.
Importantly, this means:
○ Patrons must not attend if they have COVID-19 related symptoms, have been in close contact with a person who is COVID-19 positive, have travelled overseas or to a COVID-19 hotspot in the past 14 days or are COVID-19 positive.
○ Patrons must not attend if they are required to self-isolate and the event falls within the isolation period.
○ Patrons agree to abide by all social distancing and health protocols.
○ Patrons agree to follow the instructions of venue staff at all times.
○ If patrons do not comply with protocols or authorised requests when on the venue premises they may be asked to leave immediately without refund or further recourse.
As of 4pm, Tuesday 17th November indoor venues can operate as per the following conditions:
- one person per 2 square metres; or
- up to 100% of seated venue capacity at ticketed events with patrons in allocated seating.
Patrons are required to provide their contact tracing details by checking in via QR Code at any performance or event they are attending.
When attending these events it is strongly encouraged you wear a mask when you are not sitting in your allocated seat and it is not possible to physically distance. This includes when entering or exiting the venue, leaving your seat to go to the bathroom or purchasing food or drinks from the bar.
We are making your safety our priority through social distancing, increased hygiene and cleaning, contact tracing and monitoring our staff and patrons health.
Please note all patrons will be required to check in via QR Code when attending the theatre.
Increased hygiene facilities and social distancing measures are in place including COVID safe seating in the auditoriums, contactless payment preferred, and extensive contact tracing policies required for all patrons.
We encourage and support the use of the COVID Safe App. For more information on the Empire Theatre COVID Safe operations please visit the COVID Safe page of our website.